It's that time of year when we are all getting the itch to get away from the cold winter months here in the Midwest. I was fortunate enough to visit my grandpa in Florida this past weekend, so I was able to curate my 10 travel essentials. My entire family is going away for Spring Break (yes, all 21 of us!), so this blog post and past trip really helped in getting me more prepared for what I will need for my upcoming cruise. Here is the break down of my travel essentials.
1. A wide brim hat: I picked this one up at a shop in San Diego, but any hat will do. Sun protection is so important and hats are a great way to protect your face, upper neck, and upper back. You have three travel options with this. Buy one when you get to your destination, or pack it perfectly in your suitcase. You can always wear it both ways as well, but I hate the carry on option for these. I totally prefer to place it upside down in my bag and pack my items around it. Less opportunity to ruin the brim in transit. Plus then it frees up your hands. ;)
2. Accessories Bag: I picked this one up at Old Navy. The size is perfect to bring all of the items shown in the photo with you to the pool, beach, or even just for in transit.
3. Sunglasses: These beauties or from Coach. I alway travel with two pairs, one designer and one pair under $10 that I can wear in the pool & not care if I ruin or lose.
4. Sandals: c/o Cabi Clothing. These sandals are beyond perfect for travel. Not only are they so comfortable (I'm not kidding, there is no "breaking them in" time needed), but they added a little pop of pattern to your outfit. On this past trip, I only brought these and wore them daily. A great pair of travel shoes is definitely a must! For me when I travel, I try to only bring limited amounts of shoes, they take up too much room in my suitcase. ;)
5. Sunscreen: Australian Gold. I usually use a non-toxic or natural brand with a higher SPF (at least 50), but this is what they had, so this is what I used. Bottom line, SPF is very important and a travel essential for sure!
6. Lip balm with SPF: Rodan & Fields. I love this one. It keeps my lips protected and I enjoy the citrus flavor as well.
7. Portable Charging Station: c/o MyCharge. You guys, this thing is the best ever! You get 4X extra battery, built-in lighting & micro-USB, and built-in wall prongs. I used this HUBPLUS to charge my phone and wireless earbuds daily, but with the USB port, you have the option to charge a third item as well! It's a great size and fit easily into my purse or travel accessories bag. This is such an important travel essential, but also it's great for everyday life. I seriously have no idea how I made it through concert/festival season or a blogging night out without this bad boy in tote. If I was writing this post on which travel essential was most used, it would hands-down go to this MyCharge!
8. Wireless headphones: Beats earbuds. Great for travel, driving, and even working out. Enough said.
9. A Great Book: The Rosie Project. Book chat coming soon on this one, but it's always a great idea to bring a book with you. I love reading on airplanes and if you can get in some poolside reading, that's even better!
10. Maxi Dress: This one is from the brand Amuse Society. A maxi (or midi) dress is a travel staple. It's effortless and can be worn for everything from a bathing suit cover-up to exploring your destination. When I travel, I usually toss in a few dresses and use them once for a dinner and then again as a suit cover up on another day. This way, there is more room in your bag and you maximize your wardrobe.
SHOP TRAVEL ESSENTIALS:
SHOP TRAVEL ESSENTIALS:
What do you think of my travel essential choices? What are your must-haves when you travel?