I was recently introduced to a new recipe via Kidstir. If your family is like mine, we are always looking for fun new breakfast foods to try and this one was too good to pass up. In true "us" fashion, we tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes and dietary needs.
Here is what you will need:
2 tablespoons honey, yogurt, or seed/nut butter of your choice (we used organic peanut butter)
1/2 cup apple crunches
1/2 cup cereal or granola
popsicle sticks (we used straws that I cut!)
1) Peel each banana. Cut off the end and lay them flat on a plate or cutting board.
2) Use a knife to spread a thin coat of the peanut butter (or whatever you want to use) on all sides of the banana.
3) Use a rolling pin to crush the apple crunchies and cereal in Ziploc bags. Pour the crumbs onto a plate.
4) Sprinkle a topping over each banana, rolling it so all sides are coated.
5) Cut the bananas into bite-size pieces. Add popsicle stickes or in our case, straws into the top of each and serve!
My kids are obsessed with these and honestly, so am I! They were fun and easy to make with the kids help and everyone really loved them.
What are your favorite breakfast treats? Have you ever tired something like this recipe before?