A few weeks ago I was invited to spend my lunch in Barrington at Meatheads. I brought my daughter with me, met other amazing bloggers and their kids, and heard all about Meatheads Voracious Reading Program. Plus as an added bonus I got to enjoy a darn good burger and milkshake. You guys, the food is so good! When I saw they had a drive through and kids menu, I was thinking this was another fast food place. Nope! No ingredients are ever frozen (except for the ice cream used in their shakes) and their fries are fresh cut daily! I mean, fast food that is fresh and tastes amazing AND they help out the community? That is something worth sharing with you!
Here are a few photos from the event:
I was so excited to see a familiar face! What a small world to run into Cheryl of All Dressed Up with Nothing to Drink. This event was about an hour away from where I would normally run into her, so it was a good surprise!
Meatheads is not only all about community & helping to get our kids excited to read all summer long, they are also hosting tons of events! Check here to find out what's going on in your area. I know my family will be going to a few of these!
It's not just about the Voracious Reading Program though, look what else they are up too:
● Community Programs include:
○ The Meathead of the Month - recognizes local, high school athletes each month
○ Voracious Reading Program - encouraging kids to read more in the summer and hosting summer reading events at all of its locations
■ Meatheads rewards kids who read 5 books over the summer with a Lil’ Meathead burger
■ Voracious Readers Parties throughout the summer (FREE) with special guest authors, bookstores, libraries etc to promote reading! (more information here)
■ Special opportunities to win $50 Meatheads giftcard and 4 tickets to the Shed all summer long
■ Excellent Pinterest page lists recommended books and includes a Book of the Day!
○ Meathead of The Game - Meatheads celebrates young athletes in organized sports who choose to participate in real games.
Here is some more info about Meatheads:
● Meatheads is a fast-casual, family restaurant that provides a full-service made-to-order dining experience serving high-quality, fresh, never-frozen ingredients.
● Founded in 2007, Meatheads now has 16 Chicagoland area locations: Barrington, Bloomington, Champaign, Elmhurst, Frankfort, Glen Ellyn, Lincolnwood, Munster, Naperville, Normal, Northbrook, Oak Lawn, Roscoe Village, Schaumburg, Schereville IN and Willowbrook. Meatheads will open a locationin Lake Bluff this summer..
● CEO/Founder Tom Jednorowicz has 20+ years experience building early stage, high-growth concepts. Prior to founding Meatheads, Tom was Chief Development Officer at Potbelly, where he led the company’s rapid expansion. With Meatheads, he wanted to create a ‘contemporary nostalgic’, family atmosphere at Meatheads.
● Take Care Policy: The culture at Meatheads helps build brand loyalty with the customers, community and employees for many reasons, including the ‘Take Care Policy’: Take Care of the Customer, Take Care of the Restaurant and Take Care of Each Other.
Have you ever eaten at Meatheads? What are your thoughts on their food and all the different community programs?
Now for the Giveaway:
a Rafflecopter giveaway