Both of my kids are very into playing with their play kitchen and play supermarket. They love pretending to cook for us and each other , but they also love helping me cook in the real kitchen. To top it all off my son watches the cooking channel literally every day. Knowing this, my mother-in-law (and fellow blogger) got my kids a year of Kidstir. Each month we get a new box, each with its own theme and then me and the kids cook & bake together! This month we got the "Snack Happy Kit". We actually made all three snacks, the these Honey Bear Bars were so good, I wanted to share it with you!
You get a binder in your first delivery and each month you get pages to add to your cookbook.
3 tablespoons butter
1 ounces honey bear (their gift in this package)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 quick oats (can sub with gluten free)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (we used dairy free chips)
1) Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract.
2) Whisk away! Keep whisking until the sugar dissolves, or turns into liquid. Turn off the heat.
3) Pour the oats into the pot. Stir it all up with a spatula of wooden spoon. Make sure you stir well for at least 3 minutes so it's all combined.
4) Spread into buttered 8x8 inch pan with a spatula or spoon. Press chocolate chips on top.
5) Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
6) Cut bars to size you want.
My kids (and myself) had so much fun making these and they were super yummy to boot! We actually packed them up and shared them with our extended family to show "Gaga & Papa" how good we did. The kids were so proud!
Have you ever heard of Kidstir? Do you cook or bake with your kids on a regular basis? I think I may have a chef of two on my hands!